Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Vincent Goes to Work

Okay, I'm not supposed to give any details about this...Shhhhh. This morning, I took Vincent out to Microsoft to do some product testing. We didn't tell him about it until this morning. David said to him that he's going to "go to work at Microsoft." As compensation, he received a gift card, and I got to pick out one software. I chose a Kinect racing game called Joyride. We have the demo at home, so I knew Vincent would be thrilled to have the full version. And, he was.

David stayed home this morning to watch Tyler and for the electrician to come set up the wiring/outlets for our new garage door. Yay! We're gonna get an automatic garage door! It's been ordered and should be here in about 3 weeks. Woohoo!

This afternoon, I took the boys to REI to let them play in the treehouse. David met us there so we could drive down to Southcenter for dinner. While at REI, we ran into two friends. One had her kids with her. Vincent sort of knows her daughter so they started running around like feral children. Tyler kept telling me, "I'm so hungry!" So, I bought an order of 6 potstickers for them to eat during the car ride to dinner.

We were meeting an old college classmate of mine, Jeff, at BJ's Restaurant. He has been up here from the Bay Area for the past month to help the restaurant out. We have been trying to find time to meet up, but it hasn't worked out. Tonight is his last night, so we drove down to have dinner there while he worked. It was great to see Jeff. I really admired him when we were in school. He's one of those people who just goes with the flow. Even when it was busier than expected tonight, he held it together really well, and stopped by to chat with us several times.

I wasn't sure if their boys would eat much dinner, since they had the potstickers in the car, but they ate. The both ordered the mini corn dogs. Vincent wanted french fries and Tyler applesauce. They both gave David one corn dog each, but then finished the rest. David and I split two mini pizzas: bbq chicken, and an alfredo chicken called "Great White." For dessert, we all split a half red velvet, half chocolate chunk Pazookie; a pizza cookie with ice cream on top.

 Tyler almost finished this whole cup of diluted chocolate milk. Look at his little puffy belly.
Vincent is amused by the Star Wars story David is telling him. I believe David is gesturing the Milenium Falcon lifting off.


No comments:

Post a Comment