Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Summer Solstice

Today, is the first day of summer. And, what a nice summer day it turned out to be! I knew it was going to be in the 70s, so I planned to take the boys to the gym and then to the park water fountain. Unfortunately, the fountain wasn't on when we arrived. So, we sat on the grass and had a little picnic lunch that I packed, and soon, the water came on! The boys were thrilled, even though they were both pretty hesitant to get in. I left my camera and phone in the car, so no pictures, sorry!

It was a fun morning. Tyler crashed when we got home.

Ooh, and speaking of Tyler, he went the full day wearing his underwear! He put on a diaper for his nap, but woke up dry, and he's in a diaper now for bedtime.

Since the weather was still warm after dinner, we took the kids down to Madison Park for a little playground action. Vincent was climbing the rope structure there, and I was really impressed with how well he did. He would try something out, not get it quite right, but kept trying. No whining. I loved that he didn't give up and he was really proud of himself when he reached a goal. Mind you, you didn't climb super high, but usually he gets frustrated and I have to convince him not to quit. Not today. Barely needed my help, too.

Tyler loved swinging, of course. He kept making a bee-line for the swings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment