Monday, June 27, 2011

Goodbye Licorous

Oh, just another typical Monday. I did a harder-than-usual workout at the gym, which isn't major, but for me, it is. I think I'll be sore tomorrow.

This evening, David and I met up for dinner at Skillet Diner in Capitol Hill. What a fun menu! I wanted so much from the menu, but also wanted dessert, so I settled on a house salad and poutine. That's a whole lot of poutine. Not my favorite in town, but it was still tasty. David had their fried chicken sammy. Wow. For dessert, we shared a banana bread pudding. It really was huge, but tasty. The caramel sauce tasted like those little Kraft caramel squares that used to come in the bulk bin at the grocery store. As gross as they may seem now, they were tasty. It's fun to get the taste of something from the past every once in a while. And, they served their drinks my favorite way: in jars!
After dinner, we drove up to Greenwood for our last dance class. I was pretty confused for most of the class, but I think David got it better than I did. We won't have time to retake the class, but we're both excited to try out classes here and there at different places around town.

We then drove back to Capitol Hill to have one last drink at Licorous. After 5 years, tonight, they will be closing, forever. It's bitter sweet, as I gather from the owners. Kelly, Michelle, John and JM put in so much love and work into that place. It's a gorgeous space. They served unique, stylish cocktails and tasty treats. In this past year, Wiley and PK joined them in the kitchen, cooking up delicious, authentic Thai food on Monday nights. And, Tuesday nights were our favorite, taco night. Just one kind, carnitas, at $1 a taco. They absolutely were the best tacos in town. Hmmmm. I have a birthday coming up. Maybe I need to find a way for John to come over and cook me some.


No comments:

Post a Comment