Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day & Suncadia

We had brunch this morning at Roslyn Cafe. It was good. Vincent ate very well, but Tyler not so much. Afterwards, we went to the farmers' market down the street. Ooh, and we looked at the train cars, again.

The original plan for Roslyn was actually to go to Suncadia Resort. But, that didn't work out for us this time, and we found the cabin. No biggie. I kind of like it better this way, as it's more relaxing. I think if we stayed at Suncadia, it would have been fun, and there's more to do, but then I would feel like I have to everything!

Nonetheless, we went to check out Suncadia and see what we missed. I think I would enjoy staying there at some point in my life, but I don't feel like we missed out this weekend. There is an indoor water slide that looks like a lot of fun, but the kids are still too small for it. Maybe in a few years we can come back and try it out.

Tyler took an afternoon nap while Vincent and PopPop watched baseball on T.V. During Ty's nap, David, Nana and I went for a walk around the area. We discovered a little pond with tad poles, which PopPop and Nana later took the kids to see.

After Tyler's nap, we tried out the pool at the recreation center. It cost $5/person to get in...even me, who wasn't even swimming! But, I was needed in assisting David with the kids in the pool. The water was warm, but it was cold (though sunny) outside. Tyler didn't last long, so I took him back to the house first.

For dinner, we cooked steak and corn on the grill. We brought this Korean taco kit with us from home, so we had that, too. And, I made a salad. It was a yummy meal. Not too much food, which was perfect because we needed to save room for s'mores!

The boys took a bath after the campfire. Bedtime went a little smoother. At one point, we thought they were asleep, but then heard the door open. Expecting to see Vincent, we were all quite surprised when Tyler came struttin' out. He was so cute because he looked so proud of himself for getting out. Mind you, he still sleeps in a crib at home, so he's confined.

 Ty napping.
 The pool. Vincent tried out a kick board.
 Our fire.
 Chillin' with some milk.
 Tyler's dirty face after s'mores.



No comments:

Post a Comment