Friday, June 10, 2011

Whew!

It was a busy day today! Lucky for David and I, he forgot to set the alarm and the kids didn't wake us up, so we slept in a little. No wait, that's part of the reason we were in such a rush right from the start! Actually, it was a really good day. Vincent had his last day of preschool (for school year) today, and Tyler went back to daycare.
After I dropped both boys off, I rushed to the gym to get a little run in. I ran two miles and it felt really good. I had a little extra time before having to go to Vincent's end-of-the-year concert, so I thought I could squeeze in a cup of coffee. Unfortunately, everyone else seemed to s-l-o-w-d-o-w-n, way down. Luckily, I walked into the preschool room just as the kids started their first song. One of the moms spotted me and said, "Oh good! Vincent was really worried."
Those kids were so cute, even if Vincent mostly clowned around. Maybe he's not as much of a performer as we think.
When the performance was over, the kids went downstairs for popsicles and the teachers gave us a bunch of artwork the kids made. Then, we headed home for lunch and quiet time. Vincent spent 1.5 hours in the T.V. room quietly looking at books. I got some chores done and even took a 45 minute nap.
At 2pm, Sabriya came over to play. They played while I made dinner: mini quiches, roasted sweet potato "fries", and golden beets. Vincent and Sabriya played really well together. I love the balance of energy a little girl brings into the house. They're still rambunctious, but so sweet. Around 3:30pm, we headed out for a quick trip to the farmers' market before picking up Tyler. When we got home, David was here and the kids played in the backyard for a few minutes before Sabriya was picked up, and then we had dinner soon after.
Since dinner was done so early, we let the boys have a movie night.  Kung-fu Panda!
Tigers Class
Popsicles

My dinner plate.
 
Both boys wanted me to take pictures of them tonight.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment