Thursday, June 16, 2011

Mighty Mites

I had some time to myself this morning. The boys spent their time with Tessa. She took them on the bus to Miller Community Center for their toddler gym. The weather was so nice out (didn't last, unfortunately) that they continued playing outside in the playground. Vincent found a friend, Athena, and hung out with her. The fountain was also on, so Tyler stripped down to his diaper and stuck his feet in the water with Tessa.

We are still continuing Vincent with his "quiet time." I would say that he officially has stopped napping, as of last week. But, it's still a bit of a transition, as he is clearly tired by late afternoon. And, after dinner, he's pretty much done, but will keep going as if he still has energy, but he's a bit wild. We're still trying to find the right balance for him.

Tonight, he was sent to bed early. It was not a pretty sight. After I had calmed down, I tried to sit with him to help him fall asleep, but it wasn't working. I eventually gave him a hug and kiss and told him that he'll do better on his own. He was not happy. He cried, then screamed, then cried, then was silent.

I felt really bad leaving him, but I was with him for about half and hour, trying to soothe and calm him. He kept doing this sobbing thing, but wasn't really crying. I knew he was tired and just needed sleep.

Tomorrow is our day together. I'm planning for us to meet with friends that we haven't seen in a while, and to just have a good time with him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment