Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Last Day With A-ma

Yes, sadly, my mom had to go back to L.A. this afternoon. But, the boys and I enjoyed a nice morning outing with her.

Originally, I was going to take us all to KidsQuest, but she had requested to go "see the place where they throw the fish," (spoken in Taiwanese). Pike Place Market, of course. Since she rarely makes any requests to go places when she's here, I wanted to make sure she got to go.

We scored a great parking spot just up the hill from the action. But, WHOAH! I was a bit in shock with the price of parking. Nonetheless, it was worth it, especially when it started to rain, and we weren't parked several blocks away. And, lucky us, the guys threw some fish while we were there! The boys were pretty thrilled (and confused) with that. I failed to get a copy of the pictures on my mom's camera with Rachel the Pig, and Sasquatch.

One of the other things that caught Vincent's interest was the market renovations at and around Jack's Fish Spot. At one point, we actually stopped to watch what the construction guys were doing. One was bending a pipe with a contraption, which raised several questions from Vincent.

After the market, we ate lunch at Old Spaghetti Factory, in the trolly car, of course. My mom had never been there before. The boys did really well there. Tyler barely ate, but was happy. Vincent ordered spinach tortellini with alfredo sauce, which he really liked. And, a train drove by on the track next to the restaurant!

Audrey watched the boys this afternoon/evening so that I could take Ma to the airport. David and I also had a date. We ate at The Tin Table, which we were both pleasantly surprised by how tasty it was. I didn't know much about it, except that we had a coupon for a free appetizer. Why not? The service felt a little weird, so I was worried, but then the food turned out to be quite yummy. We had the steamed mussels to start. David had the steak frites and I had their risotto special. David's steak was hanger, and I was really amazed with how tender, and not chewy it was. For dessert, we had a scoop of ice cream each at Molly Moon's downstairs. Another coupon. It was alright, but not my favorite.

After we got home, David and Vincent went to the store to get milk. Tyler and I stayed home and played tea party. The kids received a new tea set from my mom. They're both super into it. Here's Tyler helping a chipmunk get a drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment