Thursday, May 19, 2011

Another Glorious Day

Overall, I'd say we had a really good day today.

Alice took the boys to Seattle Center so that Vincent could go to drama class, and she took Tyler to the Science Center. I went to the gym and ran 3 miles. I met back up with them just in time for Vincent's class to get out. Alice said that Tyler had a great time at the Science Center. That was a relief to hear, because I was worried that he wouldn't enjoy being there with the cast on. And, when we picked up Vincent, he seemed really happy as well.
We took the boys for a ride on the monorail. We had just missed it, so we had to wait. While waiting, Vincent somehow convinces me to let him do one of those squashed penny things. And, I had to let him get one for Tyler, too. I'm a sucker.

So, we rode the monorail to Westlake Center for lunch, then rushed back to Seattle Center because I was only parked in a 1 hour spot, and it had been way over an hour. No ticket, though! Sweet!

Dinner tonight, we had nachos and coleslaw. Vincent requested nachos a few nights ago, so when he saw that we were having it for dinner, he was so excited. We said that I made it especially for him, which perked him up. Although, he didn't eat very much of it. Oh well.

After dinner, we went for a walk through the arboretum. The azalea's and rodie's are in bloom, and are so beautiful and fragrant. There was a nice path for Vincent to do lots of racing with David and Nana.

We found a little pond tucked within some trees with ducks swimming.
The beautiful garden. Vincent's a goof-ball.

Once home, the boys had some milk before bedtime. Vincent was telling Nana all about his new sports bottle and how the outer sleeve comes off.
Have you heard about the book, "Go The Fuck To Sleep"? http://xa.yimg.com/kq/groups/21530437/980724038/name/GoToSleep.pdf
OMG, I just read it today. Hilarious. And, so true. That was me, tonight. Well, not so extreme, and there was no swearing on my part, though I was close. I remember Vincent at the age Tyler is now. He would come out of his room about 10-20 times a night for this or that. Ty's still in his crib, so he can't get out, but he's got the same tricks up his sleeves. Sheesh!

No comments:

Post a Comment