Tuesday, May 24, 2011

My Mommy Is Here!

We picked up A-ma at the airport this morning. The kids were happy to see her, and super happy to help her unpack. At breakfast, I said to Vincent something about how A-ma will probably bring them some surprises when she gets here. Vincent's response was, "Yeah, she brings us things to eat." Yup, she sure does, and she sure did! I feel like I've been eating all day. Wait, I have. There was this one snack she brought that I ate all to myself while the kids napped.

She's totally different from Nana in this department. Nana will bring out surprises to the boys a little at a time. They love that because each new thing is such a treat. My mom comes out in full force, and they love to see what keeps popping out of her suitcase. It's a bit of flurry in those 10 minutes, but it's usually only me that's overwhelmed by it. Today, I sort of took a step back at the beginning, and that helped. I've learned to embrace this moment of chaos and just let everyone enjoy it. Vincent kept commenting in Mandarin, "It's a big mess!"

We settled down for lunch and then a nap. After naptime, we headed out to Bellevue to the new Uwajimaya to pick up some Asian provisions for the week. The kids enjoyed looking at the live seafood and being scared. From Uwajimaya, we headed to Factoria Mall for Genki Sushi. We were having a late dinner so the boys were extra antsy, but once all our food made it to our table, it was good times. The boys ate potstickers, avocado roll for Ty and string bean roll for Vince, some udon and ramen, fried tofu, and fried chicken. Ooh, and they had those little yogurt drinks. BTW, they come 2 per plate for $1, and we bought 2 packs of 4 each at Uwajimaya for 49 cents each. Hmmmm. Vincent grabbed those off the belt before I could say anything, so we had to take them. It's a good thing for him, cuz I would have probably said, "No Way, Foo!"

Tyler kept picking stuff he didn't want to eat off his plate and passing it to my mom. Poor A-ma, that's usually my job.

Here's my Ma. Doesn't she look great?
Here's Tylie passing some soggy nori to A-ma.
Here's my champion eater.
And, my other champ, with a great set of teeth!

Unfortunately, for Mommy, bedtime didn't go so well. I believe the boys finally fell asleep around 10pm, maybe later. All I have to say is that book, "Go The Fuck To Sleep" was truly written by Me. I don't like publicity, so I had someone else take all the credit for it. Sort of like Milli Vanilli.


No comments:

Post a Comment