Sunday, May 8, 2011

2011 Mother's Day

Such a lovely day today. This Mother's Day, I asked David to let me take it easy. I really wanted to work on finishing our 2009 family photo album, so he took the boys out first thing in the morning, and then after their naps later in the day. I wasn't able to get as much as I wanted done in the album, but I had a nice, easy day.

The boys went out for breakfast at Top Pot Doughnuts and brought home flowers, a card, and a gift. I received the funniest card: Captain Jack Sparrow was on it, and he said a little something about "cleaning my poop deck!" My gift was a pair of sapphire stud earrings. I love them. And, here are my flowers.

Next, we headed to La Medusa for brunch. We got to see our friends, Julia and Gordon, there. I had this delicious Dungeness crab sandwich on a pretzel bagel. David had biscuits and gravy - off the hook! And, the kids shared scrambled eggs with cheese, a side of bacon, and bread with jam. They both ate pretty well. I also had a bloody Mary, which had a pickled asparagus sticking out of it. Tyler saw it and wanted it so much that he tried to climb out of his seat to get it. I gave him the tip, which didn't touch any alcohol, and when he ate it, he scrunched up his face, and puckered his lips. We asked if he liked it, and he nodded, still making the face, and said, "I like it." It was priceless, but I wasn't fast enough to get a picture. We did get these, though.
The boys' afternoon outing was to the community center. Tyler got whacked in the head by a swing, which gave him a little goose egg. They did some exploring around the water.
Here's a fun shot of Vincent climbing up a hill.

Vincent requested that we go to Target today. David needed to go there to get a cable and we needed to get birthday gifts anyway. So, we headed up north to The Ram for dinner, then went to Target. We got there just in time to get a table without having to wait.

We were surprised that it was so busy there. But, I reached back into my memory of my Chili's days, and yeah, Mother's Day was busy there, too. I mean, we were there tonight, right? Yeah, it's family friendly, they brew their own beer, and if it's one of your favorite restaurants, it makes sense to go there for Mother's Day. We went because I wasn't going to cook tonight, we had a coupon for a free burger, and it's next to Target. Cuz, yeah, I already had my special meal today.

Anyway, apparently, The Ram was surprised it was busy, too. Our server was totally in the weeds. Our meal took an hour and a half. We weren't taking our time. I'll give her credit for staying totally calm and sweet, but it was almost like she had no idea that she was so far gone. The manager knew they were getting their butts kicked. He had sweat glistening on his forehead, and that total "deer-in-headlights' look on his face. I can speak candidly about all this because I sympathize - I've been there, oh so many times. And, thank The Lord I was on the other side tonight.

This is how we tried to keep the kids entertained while we waited for our server.
Inside out hat, and Mom-made hat.
Happy Mother's Day!!






No comments:

Post a Comment