Sunday, May 22, 2011

Pizza!!!

OMG, now that I'm sitting down and posting, I realize that I've had pizza 3 days in a row.  AND, I'm having it for dinner, again, tomorrow night. Whoah, it's a record for me.

Tonight's pizza was made by yours truly. I opted not to take pictures, as getting each pie in and out was keeping me busy enough.

I used a recipe from Cook's Illustrated magazine. It was super easy. The dough is made in a food processor, then chilled to proof for at least 24 hours and up to 3 days. The recipe came with a homemade sauce, too, which I made. If you want me to post the recipe, let me know, and I'll post it on the food blog.

The recipe was for two, 12-inch pizzas. Unfortunately, I have neither a pizza stone or a paddle, and had to make my pizzas smaller, with sheet trays. Not realizing I needed to do that until I had already rolled out my first pie, my pizzas wouldn't come out round. For the one I rolled out, I had to cut it in half, in order to fit on the inverted sheet tray I was using as a paddle. I had a larger sheet, inverted, on the top rack of my oven, staying screaming hot. I would slide the pie off one sheet try on to the other. For the second ball of dough, I tried cutting it in half first, then rolling it out, but it still came out an oblong shape.

Nonetheless, these pizzas were great. I still didn't quite feel like I was eating at Via Tribunali, which is my favorite pizza, but these were super tasty. Everyone enjoyed them, which is an A+ for us!


No comments:

Post a Comment