Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Oh, The Terrible Twos...Again.

When Vincent was about to turn 2 years old, I feared for my sanity. And, yeah, it was a bumpy, rattly road to age, well, now. No, that's not fair to him. Though, his "terrible twos" started early and ended late, I can honestly say that they have passed, and the road did gradually get smoother. He still challenges us daily, but he's a dream now, by comparison.

Of course, two years later, it's Tyler's turn. Now, with Ty, I was sort of blind-sided. Before he turned two, I wasn't afraid. In fact, I was a little in shock with how easy-going he was. And, like the way he suddenly slept through the night a few days after he turned one, soon after his second birthday, he quickly became ferocious. Tonight, at bedtime,  I actually felt some anxiety for the first time in about a year and a half. What kind of antics was he going to pull on me this time?

Ahhh, he took his sleepsack off (yes, he still wears one of those), threw his NuNu and his favorite teddy bear out of his crib, and needed a new diaper. Um, no, you don't, Kiddo. He wanted the sleepsack back on, which I didn't do, and I told him his diaper's clean. I did give him back his lovies, kissed him goodnight (again), and tucked him in. No more antics after that.

At least, there was this short moment tonight, before the credit card people called me to tell me my card was compromised, when we were all sitting in the living room, doing our own thing but enjoying each other's company. And, the boys did get along well together this afternoon while playing games on A-ma's iPod.
Whatcha think of Ty's outfit? Doesn't he look huge, with Vincent's legs folded up?

Ooh, and my Mama snapped these cute photos of Tyler and Lexie at school this morning. Ty wanted to sit in the boat, and I asked Lexie if she'd like to sit with him, and she quickly replied, "Yeah." So cute.



No comments:

Post a Comment