Saturday, January 5, 2013

Woops! No Chinese School Today...

This morning, David set us an alarm. We all worked hard to get us out of the house quickly. For the first time since September, we were not rushed. Class starts at 9am, and I pulled up to the school at 8:36am. So proud...and disappointed to see that the parking lot was completely empty, and the lights of the buildings were all off. Surely people would be here already if there was class, right?

Wrong. I thought for sure that Vincent had to go back to Chinese school this morning. I think I may have even glanced at the schedule last night, but it didn't quite register to me that the "1/5" was part of the winter break dates, and I just assumed that it was when he'd go back. I should have glanced further to see the part about "1/12". I've spent the last 3 days catching Vincent up on his homework, and trying to refresh his memory on the phonics and such.

Okay, improvise. I was giving David the morning off, so it would suck of I brought the kids back home. I decided to take them to Bellevue Square, figuring it would be a ghost town at this hour. It was pretty quiet, but upstairs in the play area, there were already kids running about. And, more showing up every few minutes. Nonetheless, the boys played and got to blow off a little energy. We ate a small snack, and then I took them shopping. A pair of new sneakers for each them from Puma, a pair of "uniform" pants for Vincent for Chinese school, and a pair of "comfy" pants for Vincent. I promised Vincent a stop into the Microsoft store, which we did, and then we stopped at Lego to see the new sets that just came out this week.

When we got home, David was making us all lunch. Sweet.

This afternoon, David had the good idea of taking the kids to the pool. They did great! Both boys now seems to enjoy jumping into the water, especially Vincent. It's surprising how hesitant they've been about this. And, Tyler can now, just barely, touch the bottom on the pool with his feet! Vincent loves to wear his goggles and stick his head in the water. Neither can really swim, yet, but Vincent is getting close. He hasn't figured out coordinating swimming with breathing, yet.
Dinner tonight was a lasagna I made with kale, truffled formage blanc, pork ragu, and shredded jack cheese. It was dee-lish!
Another movie night after dinner. We started "Captain America." Seemed like the least intense of the superhero movies...sort of. Not really. 

Finally, here's me at 25 weeks...brushing my teeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment