Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Homework & New Year's Resolution

One of Vincent's homework assignments this week is this.

It's been challenging for me to work with Vincent on homework. At first, it was figuring out the best time to do it. Then, it was Mandarin homework, and my own shortcomings with that. Now, it's kindergarten homework, and helping Vincent sound out his letters. As I mentioned in yesterday's post about his speech, he is behind in his phonological awareness. I'm no pro at teaching phonics, so it's a bit of a struggle for me to help him without giving him the answers.

But, I was pretty proud of his hard work with this assignment. It was frustrating, but we both pushed on, and I feel like this will suffice. Sentence #3 was actually his easiest.

Finally, I wanted to say something about my new year's resolution. It would seem like it was to post on this blog daily, but that's not it. I am fully aware that I will not make it through the full 2013 to post daily, since we'll have busy with baby in April. I figured with my mushy brain these days, it's best I record what I can while I can.

My real resolution for 2013 is to eat more fruit. Yup, I lack fruit in my diet. So, these days, we are eating lots of oranges, apples, and some pear. I look forward to spring and summer when we'll have more choices. 

No comments:

Post a Comment