Monday, January 7, 2013

Back To It

Woop woop! School is back in session. For Vincent, at least. Tyler spent his day with me. He had gymnastics at 9:30am, which he was pretty excited for. I also signed him up for the daycare at the gym so I can try to get back to exercising a little more consistently. Since he started his gymnastics class, I've only been going once a week, and it's just not enough. I figured even a 30 minute, light workout is better than nothing.

Ty apparently spent the whole hour eating his snack. I had packed him a pretty large snack, knowing we'd be at the gym up until lunch time. This is what he ate: 1/2 cup of pretzel sticks, 2 tablespoons of hummus, 6 green olives, a small apple, a satsuma orange, and a bag of veggie sticks. He said he was still hungry, and was looking forward to lunch on our way home. He requested chicken (which I actually had). He never got it. He dosed off on the ride home, and allowed me to carry him up to bed. When he got up from his nap, I taught him to make a cheese quesadilla. He loved it, and enjoyed eating it, too.

As for Vincent, he was happy when I picked him up from school. He told me that he borrowed a ninja book from the library. "It's the second book of the ninja book I have," he said. Tyler was so excited to see Vincent, and told Vincent about a dream he had during nap. Vincent didn't realize Tyler was talking to him until I said something. He said, "Tyler, I can't hear you because you're too far away." I moved Tyler over next to Vincent and they held hands as they walked home, and Tyler recalled his dream to us. It was so sweet and cute, the two of them. After a quick snack for Vincent, they both ran upstairs to play together before karate. Vincent even took the initiative to get dressed on his own.

Karate went well. The studio is hosting a "Parents Night Out" on Friday. I went ahead and signed the boys up for it. When Vincent was done with class, he ran up to me with the flyer, asking if they could attend the event. I loved being able to tell him that they are already signed up. As I drove home, Vincent thanked me. That felt good.

David went to karate tonight, too. After I cleaned up from dinner, I went upstairs to see what the boys were up to. They had built this Angry Birds game with the stuffies Uncle Peter had given them for Christmas and some Mega Bloks. They were so proud! And, when it was time to clean up, they made no fuss. I let them sit in a bubble bath and play for about 30 minutes before ending the night with a little T.V.

No comments:

Post a Comment