Sunday, January 6, 2013

Last Day of Winter Break

Vincent's holiday break is at it's close today. I guess it's all of ours, but Tyler's been going to school here and there the past 2 weeks. Nonetheless, it's bittersweet. 

I've enjoyed the extra time I've had with Vincent, especially the few one-on-one times together. I've also enjoyed seeing the boys bond and play together. It progressively got better, nicer and sweeter as the holiday went on. David and I feel we can truly say that our boys are best friends (for now).

I am happy to get back on a regular schedule. The boys do well with routine, and Vincent loves going to school and being around his friends. He's so social. Tyler can get back to his activities as well.

Speaking of activities, swim lessons started back up today! Vincent is now in, what I call, "big kid" swim class. It's a mixed age of 6-16 years old. Of course, they divide them up by skill level. Vincent jumped into the pool with his buddy, Julian, but was quickly moved over to the less skilled group after a quick "test." He tried so hard, and I'm so proud of him for that.

Both boys did well in class today, and were nice and hungry afterwards (even though they did have lunch).

Let me back track slightly...this morning, even though I no longer work at the creamery, I found myself down at Pike Place Market bright and early for a breakfast date with Andrea. It great, actually. We had crumpets and chai tea. Yum. While I was away, David decided to take the kids to U Village. They walked there! I was very impressed. He got them to go there by saying they were going to the Apple store. Clever man. I met them there, and we had a bite to eat, then headed to swim.

The rest of our day was pretty standard. Rest, play, dinner, wind down for the night. We did give the kids each a shower and let them finish "Captain America" that we started the last night. Tyler opted not to finish, so I took him upstairs and we played and read together. 

When the boys were off to sleep, David and I settled down for the Season 3 premiere of "Downton Abby." Two hours long. Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment