Thursday, January 24, 2013

The School Bus

Vincent was invited to a play date at a friend's house this afternoon. The friend normally rides the school bus home. I asked Vincent if this was something he'd like to do with Henry, and he said, "yes." We had to let the office know with a note, and they send a "green card" to his teacher. She gives that to Vincent to give to the bus driver. We were pretty excited for him, but he seemed indifferent when asked how it was.

Nonetheless, he had a good time at his friend's, although, he told me it was too short when I picked him up. And, even though the boys were a little wild while I was gathering him up to go, Henry's mom said he did very well there. She said he's a kind person. This was his second behavior compliment today, actually.

I had volunteered in Vincent's classroom earlier in the day. When the kids went out to recess, I asked his teacher a little about his focus, etc., in class. She said that he has "endurance and follow through," and that he is aware of how friendships should be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment