Monday, January 14, 2013

Too Many Olives?

Tyler LOVES olives. He even has a favorite: Castelvetrano. They are also my favorite. I buy them for both of us, but he consumes most of what I buy. He'll see them at the store and request them. This weekend, we ordered pizza, and I cut some up and put them in a side dish for him to top his slices. The next day, we had leftover pizzas, and David gave them to him whole in a dish with another little dish to put his pits. He saw the container sitting on the counter and helped himself to one. He loves olives.

Today, however, I packed the remainder of my last purchase into his snack. There were probably about 10 olives, more than I've ever given to him. He sat down for his snack, and started to eat them. Halfway through he said, "Mama, you packed me too many olives." 

WHAT?! I did not know that was possible. Lucky for him, the 3 other toddlers with us were happy to help him with them. And, I was proud of him for sharing so well.

1 comment:

  1. I stand corrected: David just informed me that when he was reheating the leftover pizza, it was Tyler who went into the fridge and pulled the olives out.

    ReplyDelete