Friday, January 11, 2013

Parents' Night Out & My Morning With Tyler

On Monday, the karate studio put out a notice/sign up sheet for 'Parents Night Out.' This is where they take care of our kids (feed them pizza, play games, watch a movie), while parents get to go out and have a good time. It's really a great deal, as it cost $30 for both our kids for 3 hours.

Unfortunately, David forgot (after I signed up our kids) that he had to work late tonight. So, I made plans with girlfriends for dinner, but one got the flu and the other couldn't get a sitter. Darn! 

When I dropped the boys off, which they were SO excited for, I ran into Sam, another dad dropping his kids off, too. We were chatting about our evening plans, and since mine fell through, he invited me out with him, his wife, and another friend for dinner. Since I wasn't going to be the third wheel, I accepted. It was great! We had Japanese food, and great conversation. As Michael Scott would say, "Win, win, win."

When I picked the boys up, they were super happy and chatty. Amazingly, or maybe not cuz it was so late, they fell asleep without a fight.

As for my morning with Tyler, it's been a while since we've had a morning to hang out together. On Monday, it was just us, but he had gymnastics, and then we went to Pro Club. Today, we went to the gym, but afterwards, we had a couple hours. I had to pick up something from Mt. Townsend Creamery at the market, and Target. 

Tyler knows how Pike Place Market works now. This is a place where he can walk along and get samples! We were actually on a little bit of a time constraint, so I didn't let him try too much. He got a slice of pear, an apple chip, and of course, cheese. Julia, my ex-manager, loves seeing him. He likes seeing her, too, and hams it up for her. Next stop was a quick stop to Target, then a bite to eat.

Piroshky Piroshky was the stop. Tyler got a beef and cheese piroshky, I got a potato cheese piroshky, and I picked up a cheddar cheese roll for Vincent. 

Since we parked at Cost Plus, we stopped there, too. We walked out of there with 3 types of candies and a bag of cookies. Funny thing is that none of it was eaten today, nor was there a fuss for them. Tyler was very excited to tell Vincent about them, though.

And, at one point today, guess who I found in a box?
 She's not a very photogenic cat. Tyler went in for a snuggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment