Thursday, January 31, 2013

Sick Kid Update - It's Not Pretty

Vincent made a huge mess last night. He had gone with his dad to karate. When that was over, he said he was very thirsty. They got home, and he grabbed himself a glass of milk. He also said his stomach hurt a bit, but he went to bed just fine.

At 10:45pm he got up. He was pretty out of it. He said he had to use the potty, but nothing happened. He said his stomach hurt, again. We asked if he felt like he had to throw up, and he nonchalantly said, "I already did in my bed."

WHAT??!! I never saw the whole thing, but it was apparently quite the mess. David took care of it all. I tried to help, but found myself gagging over the little bit I experienced. Pregnancy makes heightens my sense of smell!!

I believe we all made it to bed some time after midnight, and were up again just after 1am. We stayed up until 3:30am, adding diarrhea to the mix. I swear, I think Vincent was up every 10-15 minutes during that 2.5 hours of time. Things calmed down enough for us to all fall asleep for a few hours, until about 6am.

OH, and just before we went to bed, Tyler completely wet his bed! We had also run out of waterproof mattress covers. Luckily, we still had one set of sheets for Tyler, so we just put him in an overnight diaper. We ended up putting Vincent in a diaper, too, as we lost 2 or 3 pairs of underwear...

Vincent has been puke free since about 11am, and has been able to keep down a small amount of water and Pedialyte. He has a low grade fever and is taking a nap. He has watched a few T.V. shows this morning, but isn't even that interested in them. I know he's hungry and thirsty, too. Poor kid.

Now, we cross our fingers and hope that the rest of the family doesn't follow in his sickly footsteps.

No comments:

Post a Comment