Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Damn Winter

At least, it was sunny today. That helps, but it's still pretty cold. I'm especially mad at winter because I'm constantly sick, and this afternoon, Tyler got a fever. He was acting whiny when we picked Vincent up from school, and didn't want a snack. Totally out of character. Then, I found him sitting in front of a heat vent. He told me he felt cold. I bent over to comfort him, and he actually felt hot to me. So, I took his temperature. 102 F. Bummer.

I changed him into lighter clothing, and he asked if he could get back into bed. Oh, sweetie.

While I took care of Tyler, Vincent worked on his Chinese homework. He was able to go through it on his own, and even said it was easy. Nice. I mean, it was pretty self-explanatory. He was just tracing and then writing what he traced in boxes. Still, he got through his whole homework packet today. This means all we need to do the rest of the week is work on his kindergarten work and practice reading Chinese.

Tyler did not fall back to sleep, but he rested, and when he came back downstairs, his spirits were up. I made chicken noodle soup (intended for tomorrow night), so I offered him that for dinner. He ended up eating what we had for dinner (grilled steak, roasted fingerling potatoes, and roasted Brussels sprouts) on top of that, too, so it's reassuring he got his appetite back.

He will be staying home with me tomorrow. Good thing I have no appointments or any plans other than "nesting".

No comments:

Post a Comment