Sunday, January 20, 2013

Pizza! & Swimming

Okay, I think I've gotten my pizza making process figured out. I think.

I had made a dough yesterday and let it sit overnight. David took the boys to the playground this morning, so I had a little time to myself. I was determined to make pizza for lunch

At 11am, I turned the oven on to 500F, and set my pizza stone on the bottom rack. I pulled the dough out to proof, thinking that I can get all the other stuff ready while I wait. As long as I get them in the oven by 12pm, we should be able to eat and be out the door in time for swim lessons at 1pm. 

David called me around 11:15 and said they're on their way back, are all cold, and wanting hot chocolate. So, I got that set up for them, too. David dropped the boys off to warm up, grabbed his wallet, and headed back out to get marshmallows. So nice.

They each had a cocoa, though Vincent ended up not finishing his. At 12pm, I started sliding pizzas into the oven. Tyler's was first. Each kid got to top theirs with their favorites. Tyler had olives, Vincent had salami, and David and I each made olives and salami. We were all done eating by 12:25pm, and drove off to the pool by 12:45pm. We even arrived at the pool with a few minutes to spare. Not bad, eh?

At swimming, Vincent struggled. He tried so hard, but when he got out to change, David said he seemed really discouraged, and was a little weepy. Poor guy. Tyler had a blast, but at his age, it's mostly learning to kick and love the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment