Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Dirty 4-Letter Word

Any guesses? L-I-C-E Ewwwwww!!!! Turns out, my boys have it. It's not severe, but it's head lice. Vincent has nits and babies, while Tyler has nits. Obviously, Tyler got it from Vincent, and unfortunately, he got it at school. 

Let me back track a little...

Tyler had a fever yesterday afternoon. By this morning, he was 99F, but school policy is 24-hours of under 100F. I kept him home with me. Thankfully, aside from a minor belly ache, he hasn't had any other symptoms. And, my morning was free, so we mostly just chilled at home. 

David had to go into work early this morning for a workshop. He usually walks Vincent to school. With Ty's fever, I didn't want to shuffle him out of the house this morning, especially with the morning we had today. I had called my friend, Erin, who's daughter is a good friend of Vincent's and in his class, if they could swing by our house in the morning and walk Vincent to school on their way. She was happy to help.

When her husband showed up alone, I asked where his daughter was. He said she had lice. Bummer. But, he walked Vincent to school anyway. So nice. I guess it was a good thing, too, because Erin and I texted each other about the status of their lice situation, and she told me she was taking Scarlett to "Lice Knowing You" at 3pm. This prompted me to check Vincent's head when I picked him up from school. It looked suspicious.

I decided that I'll call that "Lice Knowing You" place, too. They got us in at 4:30pm. All three of us got checked. I'm clear. They didn't have time to treat the boys, so we're going back in the morning with David, as he needs to get checked, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment