Sunday, January 13, 2013

He's So Stubborn

Vincent, that is. The thing that keeps Vincent from moving forward in certain skills is his stubbornness. I wouldn't say it's intentional. It's just that he gets set in his head in doing something and can't get out of it, even if it is wrong. And, of course, like the meany that I am, I'm the one who will challenge him the most. Or, more like crap on his parade.

For example, when we went roller skating for my birthday, he came up with some ridiculous way of skating with just one foot forward, and one arm out, and just sort of scooting along. I tried, and tried to coach him on left, right, left, right, but he would not budge.

And, today, at swim lessons, he was learning actual swimming skills, but he just kept doing the same thing of doggy paddling throw the water. He was told to keep his arms tightly together and kick. Nope. And, they were learning to make "arm circles." Yeah, he doggie paddled. I hope he gets it and actually learns to swim. He's trying very hard, at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment