Friday, January 18, 2013

Making Changes For Penguin & Pink Elephant

With the hustle and bustle of the holidays behind us, and just a whole-lotta birthdays to think about, we can now focus on getting the house ready for Baby Hunt #3, aka 'Penguin.' 

Oh yeah, have I mentioned that's his nickname? Before we knew he was a he, David and I were calling him 'Babs.' I guess that's more feminine, but we thought of it more like short for baby. Then, the kids got to asking about a name for Baby. We were sitting around the dinner table, and I jokingly said to them that we can come up with a nickname. They can shout out their ideas, and if I feel baby kick, then that's what we'll call him for now. 

There were some interesting names, mostly those of Ninjago characters. Then, Tyler suggested Penguin, and that's when I said I felt the kick. And, funny enough, it's kind of stuck. They mostly just call him baby, but Vincent will tell people that we are calling him Penguin for now. Tyler may, too, but I can't quite remember.

What kinds of changes have happened so far? Tonight, we started in on our big change: relocating the television. Yeah, we can't have a big-ol T.V. in a baby's room. I mean, I suppose some people may, which I'm not judging. But, not us. 

Actually, I take it back, we started prepping for this move a few days ago. David hung our Gerber Daisy painting, which had been sitting on the fireplace mantel the last 2 years. Now, the mantel houses our main form of visual entertainment in our home. It's not bad. David thought we'd feel less cozy, but we watched an episode of 'Nashville' in there tonight, and it was nice. Our sofa in there is a small sectional, so David got to lounge with his feet propped up.

As for the pink elephant, I'm referring to Elephant Car Wash. I decided to drop by there after the gym with Tyler on our way to Cost Plus and lunch for a quick wash. An hour later...I received a disapproving head shaker and "tisk tisk" from the guy who worked on it, and finally got to load Tyler and the car seats back in. Apparently, our car must've been too dirty for his liking. First of all, he's not one to complain, considering his job is to clean DIRTY cars, not clean ones. And, secondly, I watched our car sit in that lot, unattended to, for probably 30 minutes. Did I give him a scowl? Well, yeah, I guess I kind of did after he "tisk'd" me. But, I still gave him his tip.

Looking around at the other patrons of Elephant, I get the feeling they get more downtown business people than moms. There were quite a few luxury cars on that lot. Well, sir, it had been a while since I've had even enough time to drive through Costco's $7.99 wash.

No comments:

Post a Comment