Friday, February 4, 2011

Potty Break

I picked up Vincent from preschool. Just as we were walking up the street to our car, he said, "I need to go pee." As we turned and walked back towards school, I worried about causing too much of a commotion going back inside. So, we stopped short and he took care of business behind a garbage can in the alley. Is that awful of me? It's been rainy today, so it'll get washed away, right? Don't judge me, please!

In other news, I had my first experience with acupuncture this morning. It was free Friday at Community Acupuncture, so I took advantage of the opportunity to try it out. It was interesting. I barely felt a thing, but it was a little hard to lay there so still. I didn't want to accidentally pop one of those needles out. So, it was hard for me to relax, but I did manage to finally, and may have even fallen asleep for a short while. Much needed.

And, Vincent and I had a nice afternoon together. I took him to lunch at Volunteer Park Cafe. He ordered a proscuitto and mozzerella sandwich with fig jam & arugula. I had them use a softer bread instead of the baguette they normally use. I was delightfully surprised to see that he didn't complain about anything on the sandwich. He was pleased to see there what "salad" on his sandwich, too. The proscuitto was in large pieces, which he had a tough time chewing, set some on the side and tore up some other pieces for him. We had a nice conversation with a lady sitting next to us, and shared a super yummy "Charlie Brown" (chocolate with peanut butter chips) cookie.

1 comment:

  1. that looks yummy! haven't been there in forever. me likey the food on your blog.

    ReplyDelete