Monday, February 21, 2011

L.A. - Day 3

Okay, WhyTF would Vincent wake up before 7am this morning, after going to bed at 10pm, after a fun-filled day at Disneyland, last night? Everyone else was still sleeping. Luckily, he didn't wake Tyler. Unfortunately, David had to get up with him after our failed attempt of telling him to "just go back to sleep."

But, today was low key, aside from the living room floor being covered in Duplo blocks and me flipping out trying to get the boys to help clean up. David and the boys stayed home, playing in the backyard, while I headed out to meet a couple of college friends. We ate, leisurely, without our children. That's like a luxury. Then, we each bought pieces of cheap jewelry at Forever 21.

David left for San Francisco this afternoon during the kids' naps. When they woke, they ate a snack, played with playdough, and then watched an old Disney movie. I forgot that I have these VHS Disney movies stashed in a box in my old room, only remembering them when I realized that my parents still have a VCR. Awesome! Vincent chose "Beauty And The Beast." I don't think he had ever heard of it before. Normally, I wouldn't call it an "old" movie, but as the tape started, there were previews for stuff coming soon in 1992. Wow. Anyway, they watched half of it while I made dinner.

After dinner, I gave the boys a bath. It wasn't a fun experience. Tyler kept wanting to get out and "poop," but them wouldn't once he was on the toilet. Once, I was halfway with soaping him all up. After he was done getting washed, I had my mom get him dressed. He did NOT like that at all. He screamed bloody murder at her. She brought him back into the bathroom, hoping that seeing me will calm him down, but it didn't. Sigh. Vincent's comment to all this commotion: "Tyler was not being very nice when you asked him to stand up so you can wash him. But, you asked me to stand up and I did it."

By the way, Vincent's been kind of awesome with his Mandarin. He has been speaking some here and there to my parents, all on his own. It's a bit shocking, considering how little of it he'll speak to me at home. David feels really proud. It's sort of blowing my parents away, too. And, my dad was really surprised that Tyler can understand so much Mandarin, too. Ahh, the fruits of my labor.

I let Vincent finish "Beauty and the Beast" while I put Tyler to bed. As I was getting Vincent ready for bed, I told him that if he wakes up before me or Tyler tomorrow, he can quietly go to the living room and play on his own. Was that totally whacked of me? We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment