Thursday, February 24, 2011

L.A. - Day 5

David's been sick while in SF this week. Vincent has had a fever today. But, he woke up in a really good mood and full of energy. It's so deceiving when your kid is like this. Feeling like he's be up for it, my mom and I got the boys out of the house for a while this morning. Somehow, Vincent went from super energetic to mellow, to tired and cranky.

Our first stop was at Schabarum Park. The boys had fun going down the big curvy, tunnel slide.


Vincent started to mellow out a little as we were getting ready to leave the park. He was pretty calm through lunch at Newport Seafood. And, since we were in that plaza for lunch, I had to get a boba milk tea from Little Bean.

At this point, we could have just gone home, and the boys would have probably been tired enough to nap, but we did tell Vincent earlier that we'd go to the mall and ride the coin operated cars. He looked a bit tired, but insisted we go. He rode two vehicles. Tyler was too scared.
After the rides, Vincent really wanted to do this trampoline, bungee jumping thing, but both were being used. It would take 10 minutes for them to be done, so we went on these mechanical animals instead.
After these, is when tired and cranky kicked in for Vincent. He was angry with me because I wouldn't let him do the jumping thing. It was getting late and he needed to rest, and I just didn't think jumping up and down on the giant trampoline would be good for his illness. Because he was upset with me, he decided to do something in the car that I asked him not to do. It wasn't a big deal, but he purposely did it. When we got home, he became sad. Then, even sadder knowing I was going to go out with my sister for the afternoon. Apparently, he was so upset after his nap that he didn't want to eat dinner with my mom and Tyler, and he stayed in bed until I got home at 8pm. It was an emotional moment when I got home.

BUT, let me tell you where I went! Glendale Galleria. No wait, The Americana at Brand. Hello, Gentrification. Well, okay, it's not actually the exact description of that word, as I don't think Glendale was a deteriorating town before this place was built. But, you know what I mean. Anyway, I love Seattle's small local shops and all, but WOW, this place is fabulous. It's so pretty, and at night, when the lights are all lit, it's even better. There's a trolly that goes through, and a covered playground with sand. And, of course, all your typical mall shops. And, I now have new make-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment