Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Federal Way

The boys and I spent the afternoon in Federal Way today with our friends, Stanley and Halina, parents to one of my bestfriends. It was sweet to see how excited they were to go visit them. A couple days ago, when I told the boys about the visit, Vincent asked me, "Do you think I can do a puzzle with Stanley?" Stanley usually has a large puzzle on a table with many tiny pieces that he works on when we go over. I asked Vincent if he'd like to take one of his puzzles, with much larger & fewer pieces to work on with him. He loved the idea.

After lunch, that's just what they did. I was so proud of how well behaved Vincent was doing the puzzle. They came up with a system where Vincent would find the pieces and Stanley would place them on the board. It was a very sweet sight. Lucy, you would have loved it. Sorry, I didn't get a picture.

I did snap a couple pics of the boys playing at the mall. Halina treated them to some little rides (Tyler didn't want to go on them) and a lollipop each. They ran around in circles in the play area and Vincent made a friend. In fact, he said to me, "I'm going to go make a new friend," then set out on his task and succeeded. What a go-getter!

Tyler loved pretending to be the driver of this big foamy train.

And, finally, the running around...

1 comment:

  1. Oh, how sweet! I'm sure that Stanley loved it! I look forward to a girl's weekend in Portland. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete