Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Eltana

Vincent's school went to see the Children's Theater's production of Go Dog Go this morning. Since we had to purchase tickets at the beginning of the year, and I didn't know if Tyler would be able to sit through an hour and a half play, I opted not to buy us any tickets. Yeah, I would've had to take both boys to the play. So, instead, I brought Vincent along with Tyler and I to our Wednesday morning toddler class at Seattle Central Community College.

And, it's a good thing we went today, because my friend, Robin, gave us a business card for a free bagel at Eltana. Apparently, she goes there so often that they had a box of business cards made up with her name on them, and on the back is a coupon for a free bagel. How funny is that? She passed out cards to the whole class, and afterwards, half of us headed over there to take over the shop. Toddlers galore. 

Vincent ordered a salt bagel with cream cheese. He ate almost all of it, leaving  only about 2 bites, which I happily finished for him. I had an everything bagel with caramelized onion hummus, and a chickpeas and leeks salad. Tyler had a sesame wheat bagel with cream cheese. He didn't eat the whole thing, but after he was done with it, it didn't look very appetizing. Then, the manager sent out a plate of tahini cookies, to which the boys and I shared two. I died.

Vincent did really well in Ty's class. I'm not sure if it was having his big brother with him or what, but Tyler was a bit of a wild animal. He wouldn't sit still through circle time, which was shorter than usual, and ran around like crazy during all of class. Luckily, he was pretty good through lunch, but kept asking me for stuff, though I didn't know what he wanted. Vincent sat next to one of our teachers at lunch, and she accidentally spilled hot coffee on him. She felt awful, of course, and he cried loudly. But, he wasn't burned, and once he got over it, he sat there next to her and they chatted happily. They seemed to be having a race to see who could finish their bagel first. Vincent told her that he's a slow eater. He also had an orange wedge on his plate, and when she asked him what it was he called it an "orange lemon."

No comments:

Post a Comment