Tuesday, February 22, 2011

L.A. - Day 4

When Vincent woke this morning, the clock said 6:45am. Shoot, that's early. But, just like I asked him, Vincent got up and went straight out of the room and into the living room to play on his own. I could hear that my parents were up, too, and that they were glad to see him. By the time I woke, an hour later, he had been given two different types of cookies. He seemed eager to tell me, but assured me that he only "had two, which is only a little bit of treats." When I offered to make eggs for breakfast, he said, "I don't like the kind of eggs A-Gong makes." I said I'm making plain fried eggs, which he was happy for. He ended up eating two of them, but just one yolk. My dad did cook up a veggie medly of cauliflower, snow peas, carrots and cabbage. Yes, for breakfast. Tyler kept saying, "Bockly, bockly...," which means broccoli, which means cauliflower. I was surprised to see him eat it, too.

After breakfast, the boys and I headed to the La Habra Children's Museum. And, as I suspected, they accepted our Pacific Science Center membership, so our cost to get in was FREE. I love that word. My highlight was seeing Vincent dress up as a racecar driver and a cowboy.
The boys enjoyed the fact that the museum was in an old train station. We ate a snack on the back of a caboose.
Tyler got to drive the bus for the first time; something Vincent always does (and did again).
After playing inside, we got in some Vitamin D in the playground behind the museum. I didn't even realize it was there the other times we've gone. It was wonderful to play in the sunshine. Vincent, of course, made a friend. 
This afternoon, we drove out to Burbank to spend time with my sister and her husband. We tried out this Armenian (we think) bakery. They had these wonderful savory pastries that none of us have ever had. Tyler loved it, too. Vincent tried them all, but wasn't into it. Diana made us her delicious chicken soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment