Thursday, February 10, 2011

Happy Birthday David, The Sun God's Have Answered My Prayer!

My gift to you, my dear husband, is a happy wife when you call me this evening to chat about our day (hopefully).

I'm happy because not only did I get to sit in a patch of sunshine today, I got to do it twice!

The first time was at the Seattle Center with Tyler. It was actually his idea. After we finished looking at butterflies in the Science Center,

we went outside to the Children's Theater and waited for Vincent to finish his class. Ty was playing on this statue,
and he came over to me with the lunchbox
and said, "Sit, Mommy." So, we sat and had a snack.

I had told the boys we could ride the monorail today, so when Tyler and I went to get Vincent, he excitedly told his teachers, "I'm going on the monorail now!" Tyler was so excited as well, and ran over and said, "Mon-ail," nodding his head.
It was an especially exciting ride today because we got to sit right up at the front, next to the driver where we could see the track in front of us...twice!
It was so beautiful out today, I almost took them to the top of the Space Needle, but our parking was expired. Instead we headed home.

When we got home, I gave Vincent the choice of either riding his bike around the neighborhood, while I push Tyler on the trike, or just play in the backyard. He chose the backyard. Sweet.

It was there that I got my second moment of sitting in the sunshine, drinking in its warmth and light. The boys played relatively calmly and we listened to music. The cats watched us longingly from the other side of the sliding doors.

**Be sure to look for the butterflies in the pictures with Tyler! Also, when we were there, we got to see a butterfly emerge from its crysalis. So neat.

No comments:

Post a Comment