Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Melrose Market

If it wasn't for the weather, I think I would be hopelessly in love with Seattle. Don't get me wrong, I do love it here (mostly). Sheesh, I'd better, cuz we just bought a house! One thing I don't love is the weather (surprise, surprise).

Take today for example. There was sunshine. BUT, it was freezing ass cold, with a high of 46 degrees (F). And, it would sort of come and go. All I wanted was to find a patch of sun to sit in, but it didn't happen. I was happy to have the sun shine on my face while driving, though. Take what I can get, right?

One of the things I do love about Seattle is Melrose Market. After the gym this morning, I decided on a whim to take the boys there for lunch. We ate at Homegrown. It was pretty good. They boys shared a grilled cheese sandwich with apple slices and each ate a slice of beef from my salad. Tyler actually ate his portion, which he normally picks off the cheese & only takes a few bites of bread. Vincent finished his as well, but it wasn't a big sandwich. And, we lucked out that there were 3 low seats available. Otherwise, I would have been in a predicament - all the other seating was barstool height...not so safe with wiggley little boys. I guess I could have gotten my "patch of sun to sit in" if we ate outside. But the tables were small, with only two chairs to each, and I was already feeling a little in over my head. Lucky for me, there was a little girl about 3 years old that sat next to us, and she had toys to share with Vincent. Everyone that ate there seemed really hip, including the mom of the little girl. Thank God for Tyler's hip hat helping us blend in.

Here he is with the cheeses from The Calf & Kid

And, now with the meats at Rain Shadow Meats

And, since we're on the topic of food...I had a 3 hour break from the boys this afternoon. I dropped by at Trader Joe's to overspend some money, then I went for a little bite (or more) at Cafe Presse. Man, I still love that place. I had the onion soup and frites. So simple, so delicious, so filling. I couldn't finish my fries, which is kind of a crime, cuz they're that good. And, when I went to the restroom, they had a sign posted that they're starting a French conversation table on Wednesday afternoons from 3pm-5pm. Anyone can join in, French speaking or not. It's to practice. How neat is that?

Somedays, I feel like this is turning out to be more of a food/eating blog than a family blog, since I talk about food ALL. THE. TIME. Hence, the reason why I can't lose those last couple of baby pounds...

No comments:

Post a Comment