Sunday, February 6, 2011

New Year Celebration #2, Superbowl, Daddy's Birthday, and Glee

This is the third year that our friends, Steve and Suji, have hosted a Chinese New Year party at their house. It's great fun! Each year, some show up early to help out with preparing the food. This year, we were able to help. 

Our family was to first to show, volunteering extra knives and a mini food processor, along with some labor. I was able to impress my friends with my expert knife skills. No, but seriously, it was fun to do so much cutting. These days, I try to keep my food cutting to a minimum, cuz, well, really it's kind of a drag. But, when you're with friends, chatting it up like a bunch of hens, it's FUN!

We made spring rolls, dumplings, hot & sour soup, and radish cakes. There was also a ton of other food, including some delicious, fresh baked madeleines from Suji's French neighbor, with a very lovely two-part French name that I can't remember now. I remember hearing it, and thinking, "What a great name."

David was on kid patrol. He did an amazing job. Really, he's so good with the kiddos. He told me afterwards that at one point, one of the little girls, who is about Tyler's age, was upset and went to him for comforting. So sweet. Vincent ran around the house with his little girlfriends and had a blast. They were upstairs in Suji & Steve's room, and didn't want us up there to supervise. Yet, I played a pretty important roll when I had to help out with a few booty wipes. Not so useless after all, eh?

Our lovely host and her huge batch of dumpling filling.
A few good men...folding the dumplings with their daughters.
The spring rolls group.
 And, one of the booties I had to wipe.

This afternoon, we watched the Superbowl in the comfort of our own home. We ordered Pagliacci Pizza and set up a party in the TV/playroom. After the pizza, we had cupcakes and did a mini birthday celebration for David. His big day is on Thursday, but he won't be home. 


After the Superbowl, I earned the "Best Mom" award by keeping the kids up past their bedtime so that I may watch the special episode of Glee. They did enjoy the dancing around before the show started and the dancing around & climbing all over me during the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment