Friday, June 29, 2012

Last Day of Camp

Summer Edition, Day 18

No matter how hard I've tried this week, I have not been able to get the kids to camp on time. I mean, it's no big deal, but I like being punctual. It's something I've had little success with since I had Vincent. It's not just about me anymore. And, the thing is, even if we are running ahead, somehow, we end up running late. Such as today.

It took us 10 minutes to get through a traffic light in the arboretum. Yes, I know that spot gets congested, but everyday, it's different. I thought that since we were running ahead of schedule today, there would be no wait. So wrong. The upside, was that we got to hear the entirety of "Bohemian Rhapsody" while waiting.

This morning, unlike the last 4 days, Tyler could not have cared less about saying "good-bye" to me at drop off. It was like I suddenly ceased to exist when we walked into the bath house. I'm used to it with Vincent, but for Tyler to barely even notice me as I'm trying to give him a hug and kiss too me by surprise. At least, now I know he's comfortable and happy to be at camp, even if it's the last day. Too bad it's drizzling out, as the counselors were planning on taking them to the beach. Oh Seattle.

No comments:

Post a Comment