Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Costco Trains

Summer Edition, Day 9

The boys and I went to ProClub, again, this morning. When we pulled up to the level we normally park in the garage, Tyler saw our friends', the Hildebrandts, car, and happily said, "Eva's here! Look, that's Eva's car. I was finking she be here, and she IS here." So sweet. He sure loves that little girl. And, she was happy to see both boys, too.

After the gym, we went to Costco. First, we stopped at the teriyaki place next door for lunch. The boys did pretty well eating there. We all shared a bento, and they had some miso soup as well. Vincent asked specifically for it.

Costco was crazy. We got gas, a car wash, and then shopped a little. In the gas station queue, a train came by. The boys were elated. Tyler said, "It's a diesel!" Then, he went on to tell Vincent of the gondolas passing by. They named the colors of the different train cars and gondolas. Then, Tyler said, "It's not a hoo hoo train, it's a honk train." Here they are watching the train go by with their lollipops from the teriyaki place.
I actually prefer not to go there with both kids. Not even with one, but that's better than two. And, the thing that gets me is that EVERY time we go, some stranger feels the need to talk my boys. First of all, I don't particularly care for strangers talking to my kids. Secondly, I have to pretend to be polite, when all I want to do is run in the opposite direction. Usually, I can't because we're in the checkout line. Lastly, people talk to the kids and it gets them all wound up, which then I have to deal with calming them down. Seriously, go talk to someone else's kids, will ya?

Tyler fell asleep on the way back from Costco. At 4pm, Abby arrived to babysit. She's been interning at Lark the past month or so, and when I found out she babysits, I swooped in. She's very sweet, and seemed to have done well with the boys.

David and I went to see The Avengers. That was fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment