Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Ice Skating

Summer Edition, Day 3
 
This morning, Vincent and I dropped Tyler off at preschool, then we went ice skating. It didn't last long, but I was proud that I took him out there, and proud of Vincent for trying so hard. He fell a ton of times, and even got pretty hurt at one point. He bumped his face on the ice, got a tiny fat lip, cried, but then got back on the ice to finish his lap.
While I was calming Vincent down, I received a phone call from Tyler's school that the water was out and that there would be no lunch for the kids. If I wanted to, I could pick him up now. So, we did.

It was only 11:30am when I got there, and we couldn't go home until 1pm, because I was getting the house cleaned. What to do? What to do?

There happened to be a 12:10pm showing of Madagascar 3 at the nearby theater. Sweet. So, I took the kiddos to the food court at the mall, got them fried rice and chow mien from...eek! Panda Express. For shame, Yang! But, hey, it was pretty cheap, they gave me 2 empty bowls, and I was able to divide up the food for the kids while in the theater. Yes, I let them eat their lunch while watching the movie. Oh, and they each got a pot sticker.

As for the movie? So good, and silly. Dreamworks studio has come a long way since "Shark Tales," which I thought was so awful, I couldn't get through the first half of the movie. Is that even Dreamworks?

Another short rest time this afternoon, then off to karate!

For dinner, we met friends at the ale house. The kids played, and I got a little "mommy" time with my friend...along with lots of stopping to tell the kids not to do this or that, take one to the bathroom, and then again, to the bathroom...Kids went right to bed tonight, though. 1 point for Mom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment