Wednesday, June 20, 2012

First Day Of Summer!!

Summer Edition, Day 10

Ooh, Summer Solstice is on June 20th this year. And, just as a little piece of information, turns out that Winter Solstice 2006 was on the day Vincent was born. I kind of knew this, as someone once told me, but I never actually verified it until a few minutes ago. Still, I'm not entirely certain, but I'm gonna go with it.

Anywho...it's officially summer. And, as an added treat, our lovely star, The Sun, shined it's warm light upon Seattle today. 

Tyler went to preschool this morning. David dropped him off while Vincent and I stayed home and waited for Henry to arrive. Vincent had a play date. It went very well. Those boys get along very well, and are pretty silly together. I did feel like our house is a bit boring. Vincent had just (finally) organized his Legos a little this morning, and didn't want them getting messed up, again. Well, I'm not entirely sure if he didn't want them messed up, or if he thought I didn't want them messed up. I never said they couldn't play upstairs with them. I guess he just assumed. Instead, he brought down a few things he for him and Henry to share.

We dropped Henry off a couple hours later, then went to pick up Tyler. We got home, rested a short time, and I was rushing them back out the door. Totally selfish. I REALLY wanted to make it to the Columbia City Farmers' Market! We haven't been since the season started because we switched Vincent's karate class to Wednesday. I wanted to make sure I had enough time to get us down there and back in time for karate.

We got there early, so the boys ran around the grassy area a little, and I made them take pictures. Vincent's so silly.
I loved how Tyler said to me after this 3rd picture was taken, "My arms are like the sun, Mama!"
 Run, Baby, Run!
Afterwards, we stopped at Lark to pick up figs, then headed to karate class. Vincent did really well today. This class is much smaller, and the students are all about his level. A couple of boys are bigger than him, which helps set an example for him to follow. His moves are getting sharper, too.
Here's Vincent gearing up for a punch ("cross") and then running to the back of the line and doing a squat.
 Tyler was pretty good, too, so I let him play on my phone a bit. It doesn't show up in the picture, but his little body looked all chunky and baby-like while curled up like this. At least, it did from my point of view...not so much from the camera's.

No comments:

Post a Comment