Monday, July 9, 2012

Routine

Summer Edition, Day 28


Ahhh, we were on our regular scheduled routine today. Well, sort of.


We started out at the gym, then went to a playground to kill some time before Vincent's speech therapy. Then, home for resting. After resting, we went to Vincent's karate class. Then, came home to get ready for a little Lark backyard BBQ.


I made pizza dough, and brought the fixins for making them. I had kind of pictured grilled pizzas, but didn't quite know how to do that. The grill was still pretty hot, so we opted to use the deck oven. I cranked it up to 600 degrees F, which was awesome! I actually wanted to turn it to the max of 650, but didn't. I don't think Lark ever has it that high. At 600, it was kinda smokey. But, my pizzas turned out so much nicer than what I make at home at 500 degrees. Yes, 100 degrees does make a difference.


The boys loved the party. They were a little crazy. Vincent was being pretty rude to David. I think he was posturing to look cool to my cooker buddies. David had to get to karate class, so he took Vincent with him. Vincent was really bummed not to be able to stay, or come back. Tyler and I hung around for a little while more, but also left early. We picked David and Vincent up at the dojo (karate studio), and headed home.


The boys got to bed a little later than usual, but we wanted to let them have their T.V. time, so made an exception.


While at Lark, one of the cooks told me how he had a nice relaxed day with no schedule. I responded with, "The exact opposite of my day..." Yet, it didn't feel like a bad thing. Truthfully, I welcomed this familiar day, full of routine and schedule. The last two weeks had been nice, but out of balance. I liked today's predictability.

No comments:

Post a Comment