Friday, July 20, 2012

Our Car

Earlier this week, an indicator light that we have not seen go off before turned on in our car. We pulled over, looked it up, and found it was for tire pressure. David took it into the dealer and had to taken a look at, and they patched it up for us, free of charge.

Today, I dropped the boys off at preschool, then went to cash in on all the freebies I received in the mail for my birthday. 

First, Starbucks gave me a free beverage of my choice. Then, there was lip duo from Sephora. Then, next door was Aveda, where I picked up a bottle of bath wash. With my goodies in hand, I stopped into Williams-Sonoma to see what they had on sale. I scored a few things that will make great Christmas gifts (or, at least, I hope they will). 

My next stop was to Macy's to find bath towels. Who knew this could be such a tough decision. And, expensive, too. I ended up with nothing. 

I picked the boys up from school, and we stopped at Target to fill Vincent's school supplies list. That took a long time, but we got all but one thing, including a Ninja lunch box, that he's super excited about. I had seen in a few days ago, and figured he'd want it, but wanted to let him pick himself.

As we were on pulling out of our parking space, that darn little light came back on in the car. Bummer. I called David, he called the dealer, and 15 minutes later, I was pulling up to the service area of University Mazda. 

One hour (maybe more) later, we had a bag of goodies from Trader Joe's, bellies full of popcorn, and a free new tire. Oh, and I got a mini lecture from the service guys about being more careful not to rub our tires on the edge of curbs when I park. 

By the time we got home, it was past 4pm, and we were supposed to be back out at Magnuson Park for a birthday party by 5pm. Nope, not happening. We were staying home the rest of the day. It's a good thing I know how to scrounge in my pantry/fridge for food.

No comments:

Post a Comment