Sunday, February 10, 2013

Pancakes, Swim, Airport

This morning, we met up with Andrea, Eva, and Theo at Vios Cafe in Ravenna. I haven't been to this location, yet. Aside from the super long wait for our table, it's quite cool. And, in their defense, they did the best they could to get us seated, but that's how it goes in restaurants sometimes.

Vincent ate a full plate of kids pancakes. He finished before all of us. That's 3, about 5-inches diameter flap jacks. Then, he ate some of my potatoes, and some of my scrambled eggs. He asked for more food, so I ordered him another plate of pancakes, and asked them to box 2 of them up. Drats! We left our box at the restaurant! When we were all done eating, we went to the attached book store for a bit before heading out. I really like their selection of children's books.

After brunch, I convinced Vincent to take a private swim lesson before his regular swim class. He's been having a tough time doing anything but a "doggie paddle" in class. I wanted for him to have a little one-on-one time. All-in-all, he did well. He ended up in the pool for an hour, which is quite long, when you are working so hard, rather than just splashing and playing. I was very proud of his endurance and effort. He's still not a swimmer, but I think if we spend a good amount of time at pools this summer, he'll be there, soon. Maybe.

This evening, we picked up David and Jon at the airport. Jon had joined David down in L.A. to visit Tom, Gabe, and Sarah. Did I mention that? It's David's 35th birthday today. As his gift, I sent him to L.A. He had to take a trip to San Francisco for work (one more before 'Penguin' arrives), so he combined the two trips.

I took the boys to McDonald's near the airport, figuring they could eat and play while we waited for David's flight. I also had Vincent bring along his homework to finish up. I MUST remember that this idea is better in my head than in reality. That place was a mad house. The kids were all so crazy. Even Vincent was a bit amazed by the madness. He did, however, get his homework done rather well, so I guess that's positive.

The kids were so happy to see both Daddy and Jon. They talked a ton during the car ride home. It was quite funny and sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment