Saturday, February 23, 2013

Steppin' Up & Mad Science

We had a busy weekend planned. And, it still is, but we dropped one event this morning. We were going to take the boys to a practice race at the Seattle Center, but since it started at 9am, we opted to sleep in a little, and have a low key morning.

It was nice to take our time with breakfast, let the boys play while we cleaned up, both adults got showered, and then we left.

Here's the good part. The part where we're "steppin' up" in our lives. We bought a new refrigerator!! A fancy one, with water and ice in the door. A first for both David and I. David said that the day he buys a fridge with in-door water, he will feel like he's made it in life. Well, Mr. Hunt, I guess today is your day, cuz you got both water and ice. Aah yee-uh! 

This is a super big deal for me, too. This would be the third refrigerator purchase I've been involved in in my life. But, definitely the best. And, I told David that if we are to move again, I'm taking this fridge with us. We had our last one for only like 6 months, before we moved out of our old house. I was so sad to leave that thing behind. I've since had to endure the last 3.5 years with two different crappy ass fridges from the 80s. 

Now, we wait for delivery. In the meantime, David's in the pantry right now, putting back together the metro rack that he just took apart. We've had to down-size it a little in order to fit the fridge. It's a good excuse to organize (and toss things out).

After the appliance store, we went to lunch at Little Taipei for Taiwanese food. Yum. Service wasn't great, but that's expected. I know I shouldn't say that about my people, but I speak the truth.

Once we were good and full, we headed to Redmond for a birthday party. The boys had a great time, and learned some science. They had a "mad" scientist come entertain the kids. I learned some neat things myself, too. 

Since Tyler missed his nap, I put him to bed earlier than Vincent. We let Vincent stay up until the regular bed time. He took a shower, then I played a couple of card games with him. We played a very long game of "War" that we had to stop because it was going nowhere. Then, I taught him to play "Go Fish." At least, what I think is the game. I might have the rules wrong. He quite enjoyed it, though, and that's most important. He was sort of giggly afterwards. Cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment