Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Ai Yai Yai

Let's recap our health since the new year:
Tyler had a fever
The boys had lice
Vincent had a stomach bug
...and today, I found out that my glucose screening came back with a higher than normal result. *Sigh*

What does that mean? It means that next week I will need to fast, then get a blood draw, then drink this awful drink, wait an hour, get a blood draw, wait another hour, get another blood draw, and wait one more hour, ending with another blood draw. Is that right? Four blood draws in 3 hours? Something like that. Fun, huh?

If this test will tell me if I have gestational diabetes. And, if I do, well, I think it involves checking my blood sugar 4 times a day until baby is born. Even more fun.

On the flip side, Vincent did go back to school today. He made it through the full day and was in a great mood when he got home. He's back to himself. I did not have him go to his after school enrichment class, nor will he attend the mid-day birthday party tomorrow (school gets out 2 hours early tomorrow). I'm still playing it safe, but mostly want him to build his strength and body mass back up.

Tyler was in another sad mood this morning. He woke up saying that I told him he could have cookie dough for breakfast. Apparently, it was a dream. He continued to act sad, and when I asked him why on our way out to school, he said, "Because of dough..." Oh bother.

No comments:

Post a Comment