Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Quick! Let's Get Out Before It Snows Again!!

The forecast today was that there would be some snow fall, but not much. School for Vincent was delayed 2 hours. I was supposed to take Tyler to the gym, but when I called to add Vincent last night, they said there wasn't space. What to do? Luckily, I called again this morning, and she said he could come with us. Super!!

Unfortunately, I didn't really get a workout. I did 15 minutes of weights, then took a much needed shower. When I got back into the daycare, as soon as Tyler saw me, he broke out into tears, sobbing, "I just wanted to play with the blocks!!!" Oh boy. 

I quickly ushered the boys out of there, and took Vincent to school. After that, I took Tyler to the Gymnastics Academy for indoor playtime. He was pretty excited that I was going to be able to go in to the "playground" with him. Usually, he has class, and it's just the kids, but during indoor playtime, caretakers must stay with their kid(s). And, since he's normally so far from me when he's in class, I don't get a good idea of how well he's doing.

Let me tell you, such an improvement from last year. He can now jump down properly, which is forward, rather than just drop on to his bottom. What a relief. And, he can get his feet up to the rings and hang kind of upside down. He can also sit and hold on to the rope swing, which he couldn't do before. He's just getting so coordinated and good at playing on the equipment.

Soon, he had to leave to pick up Vincent. But, first, we grabbed some fried rice at the teriyaki place near Vincent's school. He was super cute and happy to be sharing a dish with me. Our one-on-one time seems to be less and less these days. I love spending them with him, and it's nice to see he enjoys his time with me, too.

Oh, and here's a better pic of our snowman!
Speaking of snow...there was a little bit more snowfall today, but not much. Most of it in our neighborhood has melted, but some areas in town still have a good amount on the ground.

This afternoon, the kids played really well while I got dinner ready. I decided to start a new sticker reward chart for them, because they were so good today that I wanted to do something nice. Although, I think thanking them for playing so well was simply enough. Oh well. 

Vincent had karate tonight. His teacher was finally able to open his new space today! It's so nice, and there's lots of equipment for the students. Plus, there's a lobby area with tables and chairs, so it'll be nicer to hang out with Tyler. 

Dinner tonight was Korean-style steak tacos. YUMMY.

We have been dealing with challenging bedtimes lately. Tyler has a tough time falling asleep. It's quite frustrating, and even though we went through this with Vincent and I know it'll pass, it's still tough. So, I've been waking him up from naps, allowing him about an hour. It seems like that might still be too long for him! Ugh. We started trying out a new thing, with letting them watch TV before bedtime. Today is day 3. We said that they must go to bed when we put them to bed, or there will be no TV. So, last night, Tyler didn't get to watch because he didn't go to bed the night before. He was very, very upset. Last night, at bedtime, he fussed once, but we decided to let him watch tonight. It made him so happy, and when it was time to sleep, no fussing. We did, however, hear someone get up and walk around upstairs, but whoever it was, never came out of the room, or shouted for anything. Hmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment