Monday, January 2, 2012

I Lied

I said I was only going to post once a week, and here I am, posting, again, the day after I made my resolution. It's not a bad thing. Just the fact that I've taken the pressure off myself is what counts.

Today was our last official day of winter break. David had the day off, and both boys' care centers were closed. David and Tyler went to Costco, while Vincent and I stayed home for a play date with Henry. The boys played very well together. In fact, the first half hour, they sat on the futon and read Vincent's new Tag books. Then, we all went upstairs. The boys played with Legos for about a good hour, while I sat nearby with my computer. The spent about 50 minutes quietly setting up, and in about 10 minutes there were Legos all over the floor and lots of commotion. I guess the battle had begun.

Both boys took a good afternoon nap today. Vincent was so cute. He laid on the futon, on his belly, with no covers. It actually looked sad, but cute. When he got up, he got to play on the iPad while David and Stella snuggled next to him.
This evening, we had dinner out at Quinn's in Capitol Hill. Ouch! That was spendy. But, oh so good. Vincent and Tyler shared fish and chips, which were okay. They both ate some of it, but Vincent loved my burger. It's a tasty burger for sure. We also had their version of poutine, though that's not what they call it.
With our new family budgeting strategy, this'll make the rest of the week tight. But, I'm always up for a good challenge when it comes to saving some $$$. 

No comments:

Post a Comment