Monday, January 16, 2012

MLK Day

The kids stayed home today due to MLK Day. David was home, too, but had to work. There was going to be a slight chance of snow, but I needed to get the boys outside at some point during the day. For my own sanity. I think they would have like to stay indoors all day. It's weird, they don't like to go out much. Must be the cold.

By 10:45am, I got us ready to go out. Mostly, I needed to get to an ATM. I settled on U Village, which is flat driving all the way there. There was still quite a bit of snow on the ground. Not knowing what the rest of the streets looked like, and with a slight chance of more snow, David put the snow chains on our car. 

I was the only dork on the road with chains on. But, I don't think I would have gotten off our street without them. Nobody on the road seemed too upset with me. I never got honked at for my slow driving.

It did snow, indeed. Not much. We went to the bank, then walked around U Village a little, then ate lunch at Blue C Sushi. All was fine until it took them 20 minutes to make Vincent a Green Bean Roll. Vincent kept asking and asking me about it. I kept asking them about it. And, I got a phone call. This was the kids' queue to start yelling back and forth at each other, with me in the middle. Sheesh! When Vincent's roll finally arrived, Tyler wanted some, too. Vincent, of course, said, "No." I was done and frustrated. I tried to get some tempura for Ty, but missed it, and then there weren't any left. Tyler made a big fuss, even though he did just eat 4 chicken meatballs, two orders of avocado rolls, gyoza, and this tofu rice thing (inari).
We spent the rest of our day in the house. The boys played on their own while I made us pork eggrolls for dinner. Then, David took them outside to play in the snow. They made a snowman. And, Vincent has evil eyes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment