Tuesday, June 22, 2010

3 1/2 Years Old!

Yup, that's the age Vincent turned today. I decided to try out the half-birthday idea today. I really talked it up with Vincent and even gave him a mini celebration.

We started our day with a walk on our street. Vincent rode is "mo-mo" scooter, while I pushed Tyler in the trike. Then, after a morning nap for Tyler, we went to U Village to meet Sheila for lunch. We ate at Sonrisa, which is this fancy Mexican restaurant. It was good, but our salads were a bit spicy. Vincent ate up his quesadilla pretty well, and Tyler did so-so on his meal. He did make a good mess, though.

As a gift from Mommy and Daddy, Vincent received a red envelope with $5 inside! He was told he could pick something out at Kid's Club with his money, but the first thing he said when he saw it was, "One dollar! I'm going to put it in my little bank." Man, $5 doesn't get you much in that store. He found a glow-in-the-dark dinosaur set for under $7. I had a small discount, and I spotted him the rest. He is quite enjoying his dinosaurs, and is sleeping with a brachiosaurus right this moment.

After we paid for his toy, we went to Trophy Cupcakes to get...well, the obvious. He picked out "Peanut Butter & Jelly." Nice choice, kiddo. Tyler and I shared a red velvet. We ate it at table outside next to the water fountain. I came prepared for the water today and let the boys play in it.
After naptime, we went for another ride with the scooter and trike. Then, had a delicious dinner of a whole roasted chicken I made. I tried brining my chicken this time, and it turned good! When we finished dinner, we headed to the old neighborhood and were so lucky to see everyone, minus Ruth. It was such a warm, pleasant evening out, and so good to see old friends.

Check out what Tyler wore this evening. He really wanted to wear those boots.

No comments:

Post a Comment