Friday, May 22, 2009

What the?

Friday mornings, Vincent and I go to co-op preschool. Daddy & Tyler came along, but didn't join us until the last 10 minutes. Depending on the weather, we will either go to the bakery or to the park afterwards. Today, Vincent couldn't understand the idea of being able to do both. What a lucky kid!

I had a short eye appointment after the park, so the guys all dropped me off. When I was done 30 minutes later, I called home to see if I could run to Walgreens to pick up some necessities, and heard screaming baby & inquisitive toddler in the background.

Needless to say, I rushed home. I got in the house, took the screaming baby, nursed, swaddled, rocked for a few minutes, and set him down in the crib, expecting him to wake back up in minutes. It's now over 2 HOURS later, and he's still sleeping...out of my arms! I guess that's what happens after he screams at his daddy for half an hour. And, here's the sweetest part, Vincent's napping right now, too. It's so quiet. That has only happened 3 other times (though shorter stretches of sleep) since Tyler's birth, so I'm not expecting it all the time, but it sure is nice. Um, no offense kids.

1 comment: