Saturday, May 30, 2009

Like Being In College Again

A friend of ours plays in a local band called, Smile Brigade. Yesterday afternoon, they played a free show at UW, opening up for Built To Spill. Free Built To Spill show? We're there. Unfortunately, we missed Pete's band, due to a napping toddler. I almost felt hip (again??) with my cute husband and kids, wearing my new flashy sunglasses, walking across the UW campus, hanging out with bike riding, frisbee throwing, young college students, and listening to live music. Vincent loved it. The 2nd band had a violin, and he kept asking us where it went when they were done.

We are halfway through with David's paternity leave. It has been so wonderful having him home. I feel so spoiled. We are heading out to Leavenworth, WA tomorrow for a few days with the kids. I bought my first bathing suit in, oh, at least 8 years (yikes!) today. Yes, it's been that long. They are expensive & not fun to try on. But, this should last me another 5-10 years or so, given how little I need a suit in this part of the country.

We were at U Village, which meant Vincent had to play in the little frogs & turtle fountain. He was drentched. We then ate lunch at Blue C Sushi (converyor belt) for the first time. It's okay.

My friend gave us a Kelty backpack this week. David's been wanting one since we had Vincent, so he was so excited, he tried it on right away. Tyler seemed very comfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment