Monday, March 11, 2013

Cooking Camp and Teeth

This morning, as Tyler and I were driving to his gymnastics class, he made a comment about this picture of him from cooking camp last summer. Something to the extent of how the picture reminds him of when he went to the camp. A couple weeks ago, we asked if he wanted to go back to cooking camp this summer. He said, "no." In fact, he doesn't really want to do any camps this summer. Just go to his preschool (which is a good thing, since it's year round). 

Anyway, I followed his comment this morning with asking him, again, if he'd like to go to cooking camp this summer. And, again, his answer was, "no." But, here's his actual answer: "No, because I already know how to cook. I learn cooking from you." 

So, I asked, "Oh, I can teach you cooking?"

"Yes, because you are a better cook," said Tyler. 

OH YEAH!!!! 

In Vincent news, he has been wondering why he hasn't lost any teeth, yet. I asked about it last week. Today, just as karate class was starting, one of his classmates told Mr. Ness that he lost a second tooth last week, or something. Other boys chimed in about their teeth, too. Vincent blurted out, "I haven't lost any of my teeth!" His teacher was so surprised, and even looked over to me for confirmation.

Yup, it's true. Even after knocking his two front teeth several time, including once when it actually came a bit loose, he has yet to lose a single baby tooth. In fact, from his x-rays at the dentist, they don't seem to be coming out too soon. It's been a while since we've had this checked, though. Our dentist, of course, is not worried, and neither are we. I think Vincent may sort of feel like he's behind, physically, though. Like, he makes comments sometimes about how kids are stronger than him, or taller, etc. We just remind him that everyone grows at different rates, and that he's probably faster at running than most of his friends. That usually perks him up.

No comments:

Post a Comment